- Our man was born in 1910 and died in 1997. He spent his childhood and teenage in Damascus, then left for France where he lived until his death.
- He studied medieval theatre history at the Sorbonne (University of Paris.)
- The portrait of him which I included in my earlier message (part 1) was taken in France in 1948.
- He was neither a politician nor a military.
- He is not a well-known figure in Syria, and only theatre specialists in France know his name.
- He saved lives indeed but when? Where and how? That is going to be partly revealed in part 3.
The plot thickens!